Home of our office and also an excellent example of our remodeling capabilities with historic buildings. Built in 1917, the 6,400 s.f. Farrar Building is the last one-story brick structure on its block and one of the few remaining in downtown Salem. An interior renovation in 1995 provided an art gallery effect and an excellent work environment, as well as space for displaying pictures of our firm’s projects. This project included upgrades of new work stations, lighting, power and HVAC systems. It was necessary to coordinate with the National Register of Historic Places in order to maintain its listing on the National Registry and to properly preserve the building.
1997 Honor Award, American Institute of Architects, Salem Chapter
Member of the National Register of Historic Places